Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Potty time

I have been wanting Calleigh to begin potty training, however, its not going as great as I want it to go.  I know she has to be the one to be ready, well I guess she is just not ready.  I will ask her all the time, "do you want to sit on the potty", and every time she shakes her head and says "no".  On Sunday I had bought some candy at the store, thinking I could convince her to sit on the potty, well I tried and no luck.  Well I left the candies sitting on the counter, and today she found them.  She wanted one, but I told her she had to go and sit on the potty first before she could have one.  Well to my surprise she went running to the bathroom, pulled her little seat out of the cupboard, and placed it on the potty.  I promptly put her on the potty with her clothes on.  I just wanted her to sit on it and feel comfortable on it.  I gave her the candy and she was thrilled.  She wanted another one, but I told her she had to sit on the potty again, well this time I took her clothes off so she could sit on the potty.  Well she didn't do anything on the potty but at least we have a good start hopefully to her now wanting to sit on the potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment